Friday, March 14, 2008

If everything is possible, nothing is true

The rain is easy. The sun is easy.
Touching you - easy.
Every kiss
easier and easier
listening to me
in the dark
is it easy?

quitting you-
when you quit me
will you
tell me how
easy
the ground gives
traction easy
even on these greasy roads
your slick oily rainbows
beneath my tires, under our shoes,
we are burning hot
in this
good
winter
because
running - away
is easy

a dog barks at the
scarlet
moon
my speakers play
Mozart, or Chopin or
some other ghostly notes
and it is my whispers
breaking her silence
easy
after midnight
now- sleep
if it comes
-easy
or don't
or break
or bleed
or ache
or close your eyes and bite your lip
say it
my name-
easy

my blood flowing through these veins
my ink flowing over page
and the click-clack
inside my head
forget me
my heart pounding
nervously, longingly, beautifully,
so fucking
easily

No comments: