Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Everything that happens is from now on


"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
-Oscar Wilde


I bring the Halloween decorations out from the closet and garage. the stores are filled with candy and costumes. have you been? did you see?
I like this time of year. I like you here. I like it getting dark outside sooner. I like the blankets pulled up high in bed, and you wrapped up in them.
pumpkin spice latte's and hot muffins. making cupcakes with black frosting and orange sprinkles.
the carving knife.

she won't be the witch. she'll be the bride.
Me, i don't know what I'll be. married on the 31st. more the wolf than prince. more the dragon than the slayer.
she is the slayer. her words, her laugh, her
smile slays me.
there many reasons to hide within the safety of strangers. when you are that stranger.

blood on her paws.
sure, the moon in her eyes
and cake fights.
love is creepy.
but i can not shake this. I can not shake her.

tradition has it that i do a table scape for every holiday and this is my most favorite. I'll post it up on my deviant or tumblr when it's finished.

credits:
snailbooty

No comments: