Sunday, May 24, 2015

Going down on you

m staring out the window watching a plane fly over our building while the boss is pointing at pie-charts and spreadsheets. SSSSSSSSSSSSVOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!
“Sales are down. We need to make a push or (in a don’t blame me voice) corporate will start asking for head-count.”
This contradicts the fact we just added three new outside and one inside sales.  Come join us on our sinking ship? Perhaps we should give it a few months and see what happens when these guys actually put feet on the on 500 degree street.  Have I mentioned its fucking HOT is South Florida.
   Another plane makes its approach for landing its so loud it covers the robotic drone of manager rhetoric. Not like I was listening anyway. My sales have doubled since I was moved here. I’ve already begun packing for a road-trip in my head. But, the planes coming and going remind me of you. Coming and going.  I keep trying to see you again.  If you could get away- would you? Maybe you can come down here? I keep trying to find the quickest way to shore off my sinking ship.  Feel that high again. Going down on you.  Crash and burn.  

No comments: